22.6.08


The show was fantastic today. Once I got home, my husband made me a delicious dinner, and then we watched Pilot Guides' Marrakesh City Guide on tv. The delightful memories of our time in Morocco flooded back. What an amazing time we had on our trip! It seems so long ago now, but as the tv showed the Djmaa el Fna, the maze of souks, the enchanting mella, the Ketoubia mosque, Jardin Majorelle, and the medina tannery, the images seemed so fresh in my mind.

The husband and I would love to return to Morocco. We often speak of it. I still follow up on local news and read Moroccan blogs. Living in Marrakesh would be a dream come true. I'd love to open a riad. A riad [Arabic for "garden"] is a traditional home. It doesn't look like much of anything from the outside, but inside it's Eden. The house is built around an open air garden, ideally with a pool or at least a fountain at the centre. Truly paradise. We would eat our breakfast [bread, cheese, yogurt and freshly squeezed orange juice of course] out on the rooftop patio, overlooking the city.

Now all the husband needs to do is find a job in Morocco. He mentioned there's a big project going on in Algeria, but I'm not sure that'd be the same. I was strong-arming him last year to apply for a position in Libya, but I'm happy to report he turned me down on that one. My heart is set on Morocco for now. Or Dubai. I could easily live in Dubai. What it lacks in culture, it makes up for plenty in shopping!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP