Closet Shock - In need of retail therapy

 17.8.08

With my expanding and rounding belly, my clothes are no longer fitting. I blogged about this back in July, but as expected when you're expecting, I am continuing to grow. I came to the realization this week that absolutely NONE of my pre-preggo clothes fit. I am officially relegated to the maternity department for the time being.

So today I got serious. I cleaned out my entire closet of non-fitting pre-preggo clothes. SHOCKING. For those of you who know me, I'm a bit of a "fashionista" - clothes, shoes, and image are important to me, so I have A LOT of clothes. Once I cleared out today, I had a handful of shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 capris, 3 dresses, and one pair of casual pants. No jeans. My huge closet looked so sad - unhappy to be so empty.

BUT - the thing I've learned since falling pregnant is that other yummy mummies SHARE their maternity clothing! This week I've had 3 friends lend me their clothes. Today I went through them to vet the fashionable, wearable items. What a goldmine!!!!! One of my girlfriends gave me 4 suits [nice ones!], 5 dresses, 4 pairs of jeans, several work-appropriate and casual tops, sweaters, and even some workout wear. I'm beyong thrilled as now I should be set for the next while. It's a bit of a relief to not have to wear the same pants to work 3 out of 5 days a week! I want to ROCK my time in maternity wear, so I'm now so excited to be able to change it up a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP