Countertop Decisions

 6.6.12

Thanks for all your great feedback on yesterday's post. I'm happy to hear that my friends & followers agree with me.

Frankly, I haven't met a person that liked the granite. It's hard to explain design & decorating to a builder who thinks any granite is awesome because it's granite. Even tiger tail ugliness.

I guess some people would buy a house because it has granite, regardless of what it looked like. For me, it's a major turnoff if it doesn't go well with the other finishings.

Anyway, I digress because today's post is less about complaining, and more about DOING.

We are seriously considering replacing the tiger tail granite with a white quartz. Although the quote we got yesterday made me seriously reconsider if I could live with tiger tail. It's expensive to begin with, but then add Fort McMurray prices. Let's just say it was a 1/3 of my salary from my first law job!

Here are a few options we're looking at.  What do you think?

Ice Snow - warmer white with some tiny flecks to add interest
Image via here


White Shimmer - this looks amazing in the ensuite!
Image via here

Silestone Lyra - quartz's answer to Carrera marble
Image via here

2 comments:

Rebecca June 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

Ack! That's expensive! I was going to say Lyra without question but then I had another look at the cabinets. Are they black-black or brown-black? Our new kitchen is more brown-black than true black. Because of that, the carrera look (blue white with cold grey) did not work AT ALL. If the cabs are warmer or brown-black I'd go with the white shimmer (which I also considered for our place).

In the end, our 'L' cabs are a warm white, the island cabs are brown-black, our backsplash is calacatta marble and the counters are quartz 4030 (the grey worked better with the marble backsplash than white did).

Mummy Maggie June 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

oohhh! thanks becky! my cabinets are a brown black. we're definitely leaning toward the white shimmer. the pebble colour you chose looks awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP