2012 Simple REVOLUTIONS

 2.1.12

{via}

Ah, the inevitable New Year is upon us - blank canvases full of promise and optimism. Usually, I use the SMART checklist to plan my resolutions, most of which are weight loss related.  Then, since I'm an all-or-nothing personality, if I slip up slightly, I'm off the wagon completely and never really recover.
 
So THIS New Year - I'm trying something different. My resolutions are simple and achievable. 

I'm resolving to:

1. EAT KALE
2. RUN
3. OM


EAT KALE  

{via}


I need to eat my greens and kale is a SUPER POWER food with SO many vitamins and minerals. It is so good for me. And I need to be good to me :) My plan is to eat kale at least once a day - preferably every meal, but I'm not going to get hung up on the details. Just eat kale. Simple. Since turning vegan back in July 2011, my diet has turned to completely animal-free, but I find I'm eating "veganized" junk food {cookies, snack foods, etc} more than REAL food. Eating kale and the like should also prompt me to revert back to the basics of a whole foods plant-based lifestyle - VEGETABLES, WHOLE GRAINS, FRUIT.

RUN 

{via}
Running doesn't necessarily mean running, but it does mean sweating every day - walking, elliptical, biking, zumba - they all count too. I just need to break a sweat every day. I feel like a better, more successful person when I'm exercising, and cardio helps me feel on top of my game. I don't want to put a time restriction on my cardio because some days I'll get two hours {in my dreams!} and some days it will be 10 minutes. I just want EVERY LITTLE BIT to count and not discount my shorter cardio times.

OM 

{via}
Yoga is going to be my favourite activity ever. I just KNOW it. I just have to get to class! I've tried hot yoga recently and LOVED it. But I'm a little shy/self-conscious, so I haven't been back to class. Yes, I feel a little intimidated. Well, I need to get over myself because my life is SO stressful sometimes, and I know that yoga can help me calm myself and feel more centred.

So, there they are - my three ingredients for a successful 2012.

3 comments:

Kelly January 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

great resolutions!!! good luck with it all. feel free to share any good kale recipes! I'd love to eat more of that stuff!

Mummy Maggie January 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

yes, will do. kale is a delicious super food! :)

rebecca January 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

I can say that I started hot yoga over a year ago, BEST THING EVER! Honestly, I feel healthier (besides losing tons of weight), I'm less stressed at work, and more relaxed with the kids! I'm totally addicted.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP