Update & Sparkly Countertops

 12.8.12

We've been in our new home for just over a month, and it's definitely been a whirlwind {hence the lack of posting - sorry peeps}. 

We didn't have internet or phone until 10 days ago, but I guess it's been 10 days, so that's not a good excuse! 

Anyhoo, I am absolutely DELIGHTED with the way our new house is becoming a home. We moved into the brand new house in a brand new neighbourhood {hence the lack of availability of phone or internet despite we live in the 21st century. And we still don't even have a proper postal code, let alone mail delivery service!}, and it's slowly become our home -- or "Mummy Maggie-fied", if you will.

I'll show you the changes we've made so far in various posts. In this post, I was telling you about the tragic tale of the tiger tail granite. Specifically, how much I hated it :) I'm told by many people that this granite is expensive and fabulous, but I'm sorry, it just didn't suit the house nor did it fit into my vision of how awesome this suburban house could be. 

So we had it removed. And replaced. The day after we moved in. All for the price of a small car.

But it is WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Here's the BEFORE:
 Here's the AFTER:


 We chose Cimstone quartz in Lapland. The colour on the screen really doesn't do the quartz the appropriate justice. It's gorgeous bright white with tiny gray and mirror flecks, giving it that sparkling look. 

This is a close up of Lapland:


 I am absolutely thrilled with the final results. The change is massive. The house is so much brighter and the richness of the wood is really highlighted. We changed the granite in all the bathrooms to this white quartz as well. I can't wait to show you the rest! We've been busy around here!


3 comments:

samaa August 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

totally jealous :) It looks gorgeous! Great choice :)

Mummy Maggie August 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM  

Thank you! It's pretty amazing in person. I'm very lucky :)

Kelly August 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

I think you did the right thing. SO much nicer!!! Glad to hear you're settling in and doing such a great job maggie-fying the place!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP