Late Night Baking!

 28.3.09


At about 8pm tonight, after forgetting to eat dinner, I decided I need to bake cupcakes. I'm staying at my mum's house and she has a mixer(YEAH!) so I thought this was a WONDERFUL idea. I started looking online for fun recipes for my level of baking knowledge (beginner - cake mix only recipes!).

After a quick 9:30pm trip to the grocery store to get a few ingredients, I was set to bake. I started off making "Diet 7UP cupcakes" from a blog I found here. The cupcakes are allegedly WW-friendly and are dead-easy to make. The ingredients for the cake are: white cake mix, 1 egg white and a can of Diet 7UP. If you want a chocolately cupcake use chocolate cake mix and Diet Coke. The glaze is powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. See? E-A-S-Y! They actually are quite good. I mean it's not a Magnolia cupcake, but it's good enough for sure!

I also wanted a Spring-y type cupcake, so I thought a key lime cupcake was the way to go. I found the recipe here and how they're supposed to look is pictured above. I finished baking the cake and preparing the topping and icing, but decided it was too late to actually frost the cupcakes. I'll leave that for tomorrow.

Now the question is...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THESE CUPCAKES?!?!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP