Spring Inspired Porch - Reveal!

 4.4.11

The weather seems to be warming up {despite last night's freak snow fall!}, and I'm ready for Spring!  Over the weekend, I was feeling like my front porch needed a bit of a makeover.  We've lived in the house for almost 2 years now and have focused mainly on the inside.

But...I'm hosting a party this coming weekend, so I wanted to create a more gracious & inviting & vivacious entry way for our guests.  

Here's what I did:

The HomeSense bench from last week's haul moved to its rightful home on the porch.  I added a $14 outdoor pillow from Bouclair Home, and I'm still searching for 2 more outdoor pillows with a yellow, gray & white punch. The rug is the one I used to have at my front door. I still like it and want to use it, so I just put it underneath the bench for now.

Here's a shot of my front doors and what the overall look is for the porch.  Ignore my brassy door handles {YUCK!} - I'm working on a DIY project now that has to do with breathing new sass into the brassy door handles so many of us have in our homes. Time to class it up, ladies!

This vignette is a faux topiary bush - a birthday gift from my mom - thanks mommy! - and two lanterns. I like the juxtaposition of the sophisticated swirly topiary and the two rustic gray painted wood lanterns. All items are from HomeSense.

Since yellow & gray are the accent colours inside my home, I thought the continuity might as well begin at the front porch! This cool mat is made from coconuts {40 coconuts to be exact!} and was $25 from our local garden centre - Terra Greenhouses.


Our front porch is pretty long, so here's a photo to show both the length of the porch and my modern black planters {from Terra Greenhouses a couple years ago!} that flank the porch.

I adore Spring's pussy willows.  But of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I added these cool bright yellow curly twigs {$10 per package} to brighten up the overall look and add dimension to my planters. I think I may need some greenery too. We'll see.

So there you have it, folks. My front porch - inspired by Spring. We're ready for you now, Spring. You can come any time. PLEASE!

2 comments:

Reunion Committee April 5, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Love love it all. That yellow mat is killer cute!
Can I show your blog off on my blog??
~Tana

Mummy Maggie April 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Hi Tana! Sure! Thanks for the blog love!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP