Farewell to 2008

 31.12.08

2008 is quickly coming to a close. As I reflect on this last year, I’m heartened by all the blessings we received this year – and all the fun we had.

In the winter, I started teaching bellydancing. I was bellydancing about 6 hrs/week. Our studio was even featured on CityTV! I also started performing solos in restaurants and other events. That was a big step for me. I have such a passion for dancing.

In the spring, we found out that I was expecting – and my whole world changed. My focus of my life turned to the bean that was growing inside of me. I still kept up with my church obligations [as YW president] and my busy rehearsal & performance schedule [for bellydancing and PushPull dance company].

I was pretty ill for most of the spring into the summer, but I finally started to feel better once I went on a girls trip to Las Vegas with my friends from work. That was such an amazing trip. It made me truly realize how blessed I am with good friends.

Adair had a busy spring & summer too. He travelled a lot this year, and also kept busy with his church calling. He went camping a few times with the YM & scouts. He loves camping, and I would never go camping with him – I mean, who wants to sleep outside on the ground when you can sleep in a comfy 5 star hotel on a nice vacation?!?!?

In the fall, with my growing belly, my life started to slow down a bit. I cut down my teaching schedule at the studio and spent a lot of time relaxing. One special event of the Fall was Adair winning a President’s Award for his company at a fancy schmancy event at the Hockey Hall of Fame downtown. I was so very proud of him. His company is huge, so it was pretty amazing for him to be so recognized in his profession, particularly because he’s so young.

Later in the fall, we travelled to Halifax for Adair’s brother’s wedding. It was so wonderful to visit with our NS relatives since we don’t get to see them very often. After Halifax, we went [almost directly] to Banff for a week. Adair had a conference, so I went along with him to keep company and RELAX. It was such an amazing trip. We called the trip our “Babymoon” – our last big trip together before the baby comes!

My sister and mom threw an amazing baby shower for me in November. I think we had almost 60 people at my sister’s house. It was just so lovely to see everyone and feel so supported while going in this next step in my life. In late November, my wonderful work colleagues also threw me a baby shower. I was so grateful for all the support I received for them as well.

In early December we attended my cousin’s wedding. It was a beautiful winter ceremony and reception, and it was so GREAT to see all of our family. Particularly, my 93 yr old grandma who danced the night away [while I sat @ our table because I was so tired!].

Three weeks ago, I started mat leave and now we’re waiting for the babe to come. It doesn’t look like he’s going to be a 2008 baby. We were really hoping for a 2008 baby, but we know he’ll come when he’s ready.

So that’s our year in a nutshell. I hope you take the time to reflect on this last year and also find enriching experiences and blessings to be grateful for.

All the best in 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP