I did not have the New Year's Baby

 1.1.09

Contrary to badges on my blog, my baby is NOT 1 day old. In fact, my baby has not yet been born. I saw my OB yesterday, and because of some medical issues, I'm going to be induced on Saturday. It's a weird feeling, knowing that I'm going to be a mum as of Saturday [or maybe Sunday!].

Since I'm so focused on the safe arrival of the bebe, I haven't made a list of resolutions for 2009. I'm going to give myself a break this year and NOT stress about this. I don't really want to put all my energy into losing weight and missing out on my life. I'd like to focus on concepts of health and wealth in all aspects of my life: family, friends, career, spirituality, and personal health.

However, one major goal I've been mulling over is a return to long distance running. I ran 2 marathons in 2005 & 2006, and while I don't LOVE the marathon distance [I prefer the 1/2 marathon distance], I'd like to run another marathon. I'm thinking NYC or Chicago or maybe something else. That may be an unattainable goal this year, but I'd like to run a few 1/2 marathons.

2 comments:

Shop Girl* January 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Eee... you must be so ready to have your baby! I hope it all goes well!!

Distance running is definitely something I'm working towards. I've always wanted to run a half marathon (I don't see a full marathon anywhere in the near future.. haha) and that's my goal for 2010!

Mummy Maggie January 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

if you're interesting in long distance running, i would suggest joining a running group. figuring out a training schedule and running 30K alone isn't fun! i love my running groups - you meet so many interesting people and you can also challenge yourself more! good luck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP