"I've fallen and I can't get up!"

 30.1.09

My confidence is a bit shaken and I'm a wee bit more humbled today. Since coming home from the hospital, I've brazenly left my walker at the front door because I thought I didn't need it. My physiotherapist told me yesterday that I didn't need my walker, nor would I even need a cane!

But today I had a tumble when I was in the washroom. I'll spare you the details, but my legs gave out and I fell on the floor and my full length mirror fell on top of me. I hit my head on the floor [but not too hard] and my legs are sore. As I was lying on the ground for about 10 mins, unable to move, I seriously felt for the first time ever that I needed "Life Alert" like those ads from the early 90s. I finally managed to scoot myself over to the bathtub and use it as leverage to hoist myself up. Thank goodness I've lost 27 lbs in the last few weeks!

This is all to say that I need re-envision how I'm going to be a mum until I'm 100% - if I'm ever 100%. I cannot - and will not - hold the baby when I'm on my own. This makes me a little sad, but I need to protect my little guy from me ;( We spent the afternoon feeding, napping, and cuddling. It was actually quite lovely. This is going to be our new normal from now on.

1 comments:

Shop Girl* January 31, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Ahh Maggie! I'm sorry to hear you fell, but I'm glad you are ok!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP