Happy to be Home...Again

 28.1.09

After another 4 day stint at the hospital, I'm happy to report that I'm home again. And I feel good! I've felt good for the last two days, which seems like a record for me.

I woke up last Friday feeling mucky [feverish, chills, exhausted, wicked pains etc]. I spent the day sleeping, trying to warm up, and finding the will to feed the babe. By the time Adair got home from work, he insisted we go to the doctor. Luckily my doctor was there and quickly diagnosed my problem, prescribed antibiotics and tylenol 3s [yah!]. I felt like there was light at the end of my sick tunnel.

How wrong I was.

A couple of hours later, my symptoms escalated exponentially. My fever skyrocketed up, I had "the shakes", and my eyes kept rolling back. I was FREEZING, but I am told my body was burning up. My family had to put cold compresses on me to try to cool down. My sister called Telehealth and they told us to go to the hospital asap.

Our wait time at Emergency was about 45 mins. and they gave me meds within minutes of arriving. The meds quickly kicked in and I started to feel a bit better. The emerg doctor admitted me and we spent the night in Emergency. Amazingly we were given a private room [with 4 walls!] and they even brought a 2nd stretcher in for Adair to sleep on. He was previously sleeping on a little chair [and didn't complain!]. Ezra stayed with us the whole time and he was a little prince.

I was transferred back to Maternity on Saturday afternoon, which is where I stayed until Tuesday. My room @ the hospital was newly renovated. It was very nice with more modern colour paint and hardwood floors. The only thing is that there was NO TV!!! But when you're sick, the last thing you want to do is watch tv and read. I mostly just slept and waited till Ezra's next feeding. The nursing staff @ the hospital is amazing. I've gotten to know so many of them throughout my 2 week stint in the maternity ward.

I was so THRILLED to be discharged yesterday. We were packed and ready to go within minutes. On the way home, I scheduled a pedi and a wax for later that afternoon. I NEEDED IT! I feel SO much better now. More like Maggie! My toes are the most LUXE violet colour - "Eiffel for You" from OPI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP