20 days post-partum

 28.1.09

Here I am. Twenty days since giving birth to the cutest, sweetest bundle of joy. Prior to giving birth, I had a preconception of how quickly I'd be able to "get my life back" - aka: GET MY BODY BACK! But because of health problems beyond my control, my weight has taken to the backburner to my good health.

I have some obstacles:

1. I am still not steady on my legs. I am grateful I can now walk, but I need to re-envision my running schedule. Maybe not a marathon this year. Maybe not even a 1/2 marathon. Probably a 10K. I have to start slow.

2. I am a new mum. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm scared and learning so much every day. I'm tired. As time goes on, I'm sure I'll get into a routine & a rhythm that works for me & EZ.

3.
My pregnancy was tough. I overate and gained a lot of weight. I was nauseated a lot and eating made me feel better. Also because of the nausea, I didn't feel like working out, let alone going for a walk.

I am WILDLY MOTIVATED to CHANGE!!!!
When I was in the hospital, friends brought me magazines - delicious indulgences I don't normally read anymore - VOGUE & In Style. Perusing the magazines and discovering the amazing Spring clothes I LOVE, as well as the beautiful make-up options, really inspired me to get healthy so I can look stunning in the gorgeous clothes. I want to be a YUMMY MUMMY!

My TO-DO LIST for my health for this week:
  • Join Weight Watchers
  • Drink 4L/water daily
  • Wear athletic clothing Check
  • 20 mins of cardio daily
  • Blog re: my successes
  • Find scale Check
  • Set goals - short term & long term
  • Get a manicure


1 comments:

Shop Girl* January 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

YAY MAGGIE!! I am so excited to hear about what you are doing to get in shape! I would also love to try and do a 10k this year...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP