Thrifting Thursday...or Friday

 28.1.11

Oops! Missed posting it yesterday!  Oh well - it was a GOOD day.
  No "ultimate finds" - but an overall success nonetheless.
I found this chair at Goodwill for a whopping $2.99. I couldn't resist.  Imagine it sprayed white with amazing fabric on the upholstered seat.  It's going to be gorgeous.  I love the cane back and the circle details!


At the same Goodwill, I also got this magazine rack and glass jars.  I have big plans for the magazine rack.  I don't know where the jars will go just yet, but I'll find a place!





At Value Village #1, I picked up some tiny little Pyrex bowls {swoon!}





I also visited a upscale consignment shop today and there were amazing finds there, but alas, out of my price range.

This perfectly worn gray leather tufted sofa was "reduced" to $1275.  It's gorgeous and would amazing in my bedroom, but it's beyond the budget.

Still in line with the gray couch theme, I spotted this velvety loveseat for $575, which isn't bad, but still...


Lastly, I found this silver silk French-style settee, but strangely enough the back and side were finished in black canvas - bleh - so it would have to be recovered again. And for $600, not worth it.


 
I also adored this tall curio cabinet, but I'll pass on it for $550. I can get one at a thrift store and repaint it myself!  But it is truly a lovely piece of furniture that's worth the money if you have it.

---------------------------------------------

In the evening, I went to Value Village #2 with some of the teenage girls from Church.  We found some cute things, but were amazed by the true hideousness of some other items of clothing.  Like Exhibit A below. I mean, who would EVER such awful clothing?! YUCKY! If you are wondering, yes, it's a floor length jumper made out of teddy bear polar fleece. I don't know what's worse - the fact that it's a snuggie with a zipper or the creepy teddy bear polar fleece material. At $2, we were almost going to buy it to prevent it from ever being worn again, but frankly, who can be bothered :)

 



1 comments:

Shop Girl* January 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

What a fun idea for an activity! I may steal this one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP