Projects update!

 20.3.11

So many projects, so little time!  I know it will all get done eventually.  I just keep having to remind myself of that. And it will all be worth it.  


Here's how we're coming along...


The Louis Ghost chairs were picked up yesterday. These are the ones I purchased from Design Republic via Homesav.com.  I heart them, I just don't know what to do with them. Yet.

Aren't they simply wonderful?

I purchased this bench for my front hall recently. It's larger than the other bench and it's got storage. The best part is it's white faux leather, so it'll be easy to clean and it looks crisp and bright. I added the pillows for more texture and to flow well into my dining room.  I need to add a yellow chevron pillow to make it pop.  I've also ordered art for above the bench.  Can't wait! You can also see I added a larger rug to the entry way.  I like it because it's gray & white and it tones down the tile floor which isn't my favourite colour, but won't be changed out any time soon.

Here's what the rug looks like for the front entry way.  Ikea - $29.99. You can't go wrong.


I found these cool lamps @ HomeSense for $59 each.  They are quite a substantial size, which is exactly what we need for our bedroom.  More info about changes to our master bedroom furniture/layout to follow.

Ah...my lovely dining table -- all primed and ready to be sprayed!

Remember how these chairs and the table looked before - you can really see a difference even when they are primed. This set is going to be fab. I happened upon a fancy store downtown Toronto yesterday and saw THESE EXACT CHAIRS painted white and reupholstered, selling for $1400 for the set of six chairs ONLY.  I think we did well getting the table & six chairs for $150.  With a little elbow grease, they are going to look better than the ones in the upscale furniture shops!

I found this cool Moroccan style table in WHITE {you know, to go with my Modern Moroccan master bedroom} for 50% off.  I didn't pick it up because I'm not sure where it will go, but I thought it was cool.


My mom spied this light fixture yesterday for my dining room. It's EXACTLY what I want - a glass cluster pendant.  I am really digging this new trend in industrial lighting, and this has that "look" to it, yet it still sparkles and isn't so completely austere. And at $250, it's definitely more bang for your buck than the one I was originally going to get from West Elm for $199 {below}.


Although I still love this.  What I have to do is measure the length of the pendant and see which one will fit the space better.

 So that's the update on my {most} of my projects.  We're VERY busy at our house, but loving every second.  Oh, gotta go - Adair's giving me a sneak peek of the painted dining chairs!

1 comments:

Amanda March 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

Well hello, Maggie! The Ghost chairs are to die for, and they’re a favourite around the HomeSav office. I see the lighting fixtures you’re interested in. It might be worth your while to check out today’s designer lighting sale… We’ve got those dangle pendant stunners on sale for $130.00 (7 strands, length and details available through the listing)
Here’s the link and puhhhlease let me know what you think.
http://www.homesav.com/products/big-bundle

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP