EZ's 1st trip to the Dentist!

 21.12.11

Earlier this week, EZ had his first trip to the dentist. 

This was preceded by my first trip to the dentist...in more than 5 years. 

I *hate* going to the dentist. I get uncharacteristically anxious and shaken by trips to the dentist. The poor hygienist I had was very patient with my drama, although I'm sure she thought I was being ridiculous. 

On a side note, my dentist when I was growing up was named Dr. PAIN {not spelled like that, but that's all I thought about when I heard the drilling noises}. Now our dentist is named Dr. SORE-es {not spelled like that, but you get the picture}. 

PAIN + SORE = my dental experiences.

Anyway, back to EZ. He was very good, especially for his first time. The nice hygienist explained what was going to happen and he seemed ok with it. At first.

He opened his mouth nice and wide.

He was calm and cool when he was leaned back in the chair when she counted his teeth.  Then when it came to cleaning his teeth, that's when the freak-out started. He leaped out of that chair into my arms so fast when "Mr. Thirsty" - the vacuum-y thing - came out. He would NOT let go of me. We finally convinced him to get back in the chair long enough for the dentist to count his teeth, but that's it. Good enough.

He was delighted to also get a rocket ship toothbrush - a reward for his valiant efforts. He's only two years old, after all. Overall, it was a good experience and we'll be back in 6 months for another check-up!

1 comments:

Timothy Eastwood December 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Good luck on the next check-up! Before that time comes, it might be smart to get EZ used to the dentist. There are books for toddlers, or you can play pretend games about the dentist to get him used to the idea.

Timothy Eastwood

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP