Bergere Chairs are {almost!} DONE - a Sneak Peek!

 27.12.11

So...remember way back in March, I posted about the tedious and arduous task of stripping our Bergere chairs, and I never really followed up on it? 

If you need a reminder, the bergere chairs used to look like this:


I absolutely ADORE the upholstery fabrics - especially the bird one. It was from my Sarah Richardson moment from this post!

 ***

Well, it took *AGES* to finish the stripping of the old upholstery, then spray the chairs glossy white. 

We were able to get the chairs to my friend later in the summer who was able to reupholster them {for the most part}. 

 
We still have to finish the nail heads or get the double piping done to finish the edges, but I could NOT resist posting them.  

Because I am in LOVE with them!



So what do you think? Do you love them? {YES is the only acceptable answer.}

9 comments:

Jen December 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

I absolutely love them.. I just watched an episode of Sarah's House or By Design or something and they were talking about upholstering chairs!!

samaa December 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

Yes, I totally LOVE them! As in I'm IN love with them! and want to run to my Goodwill today and find a chair to upholster! Except I don't know how to upholster a chair with fabric on both sides :) They seriously look amazing, you did a great job! So fun and sunny :) Thank you so much as well for your sweet comment on my blog last week too, I really appreciate it! I'm also your newest follower (and the newest person in love with your blog design!)Hopefully talk to you again soon :)

Mummy Maggie December 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

Thank you Jen! Sarah Richardson is my design guru! LOVE her :)

Thanks so much Samaa :) Thanks for the blog love! I adore your blog - I'm also a little obsessed with your Goodwill dresser that you painted white. GORGEOUS!!!

melanie December 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

ofcourse!! what am i looking to spend to recreate your look?

Mummy Maggie December 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Hi Melanie! The chairs were scored about $50 each, then paint we had on hand. The fabric was about $75. It's not that much for a custom look. The fabric was expensive because I choose a repeating pattern material so we have A LOT of extra fabric,which I'll be using to make pillows :)

Kelly December 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

Wow! What a great transformation! The fabric choices really are great: my favourite is the chevron back. I LOVE when chairs have a different back fabric peaking out. Fabulous!!!

Simply Simplisticated January 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM  

WHOA!!!Show stoppers! You totally rocked it:) Simply Gorgeous job! Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Jenny@thelavendermagnolia January 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

Love these and love your superb choice of fabrics!!

Visiting from Beneath my Heart. Happy New Year!

Jenny

Abbie January 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM  

YES! I do love them! Absolutely gorgeous! Would link these up too?

http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-1.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP