Shag - A New Addition

 23.5.11

I LOVE SHAG RUGS.
 
Seriously. Best rug ever. My mom got one a few weeks ago for her living room and it is AMAZING. I had to copy her! I love the colour, warmth, texture and dimension it adds to the room. 
 
I should say, however, I would NEVER be a fan of wall-to-wall shag carpeting. I think it's too dated {circa 1970s} and too limiting. An area rug can easily be replaced. Wall-to-wall carpeting is a pain to remove.
So I've been searching on my favourite website Kijiji for a lovely, creamy, cozy shag rug for my bedroom. After several failed deals, we picked up this rug of awesomeness today. It's supposed to be an off-white colour, but it's more of a "greige."
 
I talked the seller down from $125 to $80 for large 5 x 8 rug {though I think it may be even larger than that}.
I can't decide if I think it should be longer in the front or on the sides? Do you think we should switch the direction of the rug?

Ginger loves the new rug. It also gives her new freedom as she can jump from the floor to the sofette to the bed now, and then get back down again. She's a happy dog!

Little A also likes the rug. She loves to roll over for tummy time. She also loves to grab Ginger's tail :)

Do I like the new rug?

A big smile = a definite YES!
Oh! We also sold the creamy settee that was replaced by the West Elm sofette
 
It's been a good day for Kijiji.

2 comments:

Eujean May 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM  

Okay - this room is looking more and more perfect! I heart the rug! It pulls everything together so perfectly! And I like it long like you have it in the picture. Could "A" be ANY cuter?!!!

Mummy Maggie May 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Thanks Eujean :) I tried the rug the other way this morning and I didn't look right, so I'm keeping it like it is in the picture!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP