Dining Room Reveal!

 2.5.11


So my faithful blog-loving followers, here is my dining room. "TA DA!", as EZ would say!

Not exactly a finished product yet, but it takes time to curate and design a room that truly reflects us.  I'm happy we've taken the time over the last while to really decide what we truly want in our dining room.

Of course, a HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband who caters to my whims and design dreams. His hard work on the chevron wall is amazing.  He's the best! I'm a lucky Mummy!

Again, this dining room isn't finished. We need an amazing light fixture, art {including the Juju Hat!}, paint the large black mirror, add Moroccan poufs, make more pillows, DIY the mirror to a sunburst mirror, finish the reupholstery of the Bergere chairs, find drapery that fits the space,  and maybe add a rug?

I'm still having IT issues, but I will post more "before" photos in another post to remind you how both the dining room, and dining table and chairs looks before.

Here's how the dining room was arranged shortly after we moved into the house:
Here is the space now...what an improvement!

The table top is painted in Benjamin Moore's Aura Paint in a semi-gloss finish in Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace {2121-70}. To me, this is the PERFECT white for this space. The walls are also painted in Chantilly Lace, and both the mirror and Bergere chairs will be painted in Chantilly Lace too!

Here are some close-up shots of the chair.  We painted them with Benjamin Moore's Aura Paint in a semi-gloss finish using Benjamin Moore's Stormy Monday {2112-50}
The seat was reupholstered by my friend Field {visit her Etsy shop - Tribally Inspired!} in a white croc vinyl from Fabric Empire in Los Angeles.  It was only $15 a yard and all in all, including 3 yards, shipping and duty came to $75CAD.  I saw the same fabric here, but it was $50 a yard! Thank goodness for internet shopping!

The GREAT thing about this material, in addition to being White Hot Sassy, is that the vinyl makes clean up real easy - especially with my two kids roaming the house!
My dining room isn't just for dining. I also added a conversation area. Here it is, in its current state.  I need more pillows and the Bergere chairs will replace the Louis Ghost Chairs that I scored from Homesav.com. The Louis chairs will move back to their home, flanking the mirrored sideboard on the chevron wall.  Until then, they are rocking it in the conversation area!  You can also see I moved the arc lamp down from the 2nd floor family room.  It looks amazing in this space, adding a modern element to this room.

It took me 2 years, but I found the perfect settee! I originally bought a second hand settee but I was never in love with it, and it was going to cost us over $1000 to recover. Then I thought about doing a Barcelona two seater or 2 Barcelona chairs, but they were too expensive. I scored this amazing gray microfiber two-seater from Kijiji for just $400! I adore the tufted buttons, the wing details and, as a Mummy, I love the easy-care of the microfiber fabric. It was a TOTAL SCORE!

6 comments:

Reunion Committee May 3, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

OH I love love love it!! You did a wonderful job!!! seriously love it all. Im just oohing and ahhing over it all
Tana

Mummy Maggie May 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Thank you so much, Tana *blushing*!!!

Cat May 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM  

I am speechless. This is stunning!

Mummy Maggie May 4, 2011 at 12:49 AM  

Thanks Cat! It's not done yet, but I'm pleased with it so far :)

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon September 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

this looks incredible. I LOVE your blog and home!

Mummy Maggie September 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

Thank you so much! That means a lot! I'm in love with your blog & style too! I'm a big fan :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP