Memories of Morocco (this is packing procrastination at its best)

 26.5.09

The majestic Sahara. That's me & Big A walking up the dune!
Welcome to those visiting from Centsational Girl's Linky Party! Check out more of our Moroccan adventure here!



Basking in the beauty and solitude of the Sahara desert.

This was our food tent in the desert. Our delicious tajines were prepared for us by our Berber tour guides.

Learning how to put on my blue headwrap, traditional wear of the Berbers.

Yep. That's me. On a Camel. In the Sahara desert. Be jealous!

Of course, we look ridiculous, but we HAD to buy these scarves!

While roaming the streets of Marrakech, a woman "lured" us into her house {nothing untoward!} to show us how they make bread in the traditional ovens in their homes. VERY COOL.

No trip to Marrakech would be complete without a visit to the breathtakingly colourful Majorelle Gardens. That Blue is AMAZING. And boy, did I ever wear the right clothes that day! I matched!

Gorgeous entrance gates to the old city.

I must visit McDonalds in every country I travel to. It must be the loyalty I developed to them while working there as a teenager. Yes, I ate a McArab sandwich and it was awesome. Also, a McFlurry was necessary to cool off in the hot Moroccan weather.

The amazing mosque near the Djmaa el Fna Square.

This is the first restaurant we ate at when we arrived very late in the old city in Marrakech. It was DELICIOUS.

We also took a day trip to the seaside town of Essouira. The whole city is blue and white -- it's fascinating. So beautiful.
This is the ceiling of the riad we stayed at in Essouira. The detail is intricate and inspiring.
When driving outside of Marrakech, be sure to be on the lookout for camels!

I was totally enthralled with the snake charmers in the Djmaa el Fna Square. It's totally surreal. I felt like I was in Aladdin. Looking back, I seriously can't believe I put a snake around my neck.  CRAZY!

1 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) June 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM  

Beautiful blog you got here! Lovely snaps! Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP