Confessions: I'm famous...well, kinda...

 18.2.09


Today EZ & I had our firsting outing all by ourselves! We went to Movies for Mommies @ the local theatre where the feature was "Confessions of a Shopaholic." When I read the book 4 yrs ago I was HOOKED in the first chapter {where she completely obsesses about a scarf that she HAS to HAVE! I've soooo been there!}.

The movie was...well, ho hum. It was so unlike the book in that it was so over-the-top unbelieveable. I think the screenwriters have never been broke and in debt like Becky Bloomwood because the lampooned her character so unfairly. As a gal who has maxed out her credit card once or twice {read: ever since she was 18}, I can feel for the main character and how shoes, purses and clothes just call out to you - wanting a nice home in my closet.

The best part of the movie is the FASHION and COLOUR! Pat Field was the costume designer. She was also the costume designer on SATC, so you can get the idea that the fashion was utter eye candy! DELISH!

EZ {like any good boy would} slept through the entire movie. When we were walking out of the theatre, a woman with twins asked me if I knew a mutual friend who took our family photos this weekend. She recognized me from my photos on Facebook. I can't decide if that's creepy or cool, but nevertheless, it's a small world. And I'm famous on Facebook.

2 comments:

Cicada February 18, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

It's been fun reading your blog backwards, Maggie! Love the pictures.

I can't believe that there are movies for mommies! You'd think that Utah of all places would have something like that. Nope! Oh well. I think I'll smuggle my babe in to Slumdog Millionaire tonight. If I sit far away from people it might not be so bad!

spart February 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Because of those GC ads that were playing in the Cineplex theatres I get people recognizing me too. Its fun, but also kind of creepy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP