Transformation

 19.5.11

UPDATE as of January 2012
Thanks to Better After for featuring this Dining Room Makeover on the Top 12 Before & Afters of 2011! AMAZING! Be sure to check out how it looks now {we added curtains, painted the mirror white and reupholstered Bergere chairs too!}. Click here to see our top DIY projects of 2011.

Become a follower {on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest too!} to see more fun, budget-friendly DIY projects to come!


---------------------

A few weeks ago when I did the Dining Room reveal, I mentioned I would post more "before" photos when my iMac was up and running again. I STILL don't have my iMac, but that's another story for another day. 

But here are some Before & After photos of the dining room, and our continuing DIY projects and thrifting finds.

Please excuse some of the grainy iPhone photos - I lost my good camera for most of the winter!

So here is a photo gallery of the Dining Room transformation.

With the addition of the new light fixture & sunburst mirror, and the conversation area, here's how it looks today. 



I still need drapes, more pillows and more styling, and my 2 thrifted Bergere chairs are currently being re-covered.  

But you can really see how just paint & a vision for a room can be so transformative.

Before we bought our home:
This is NOT our stuff - it's a photo taken during a walk through when the previous owners lived here. We don't drink, so we thought this room was hilarious when we saw it.

After we moved in:

How it looked for almost 2 years while we thought about what we wanted:
In an effort to motivate the hubby to finish the dining room, I sold our dining chairs on Kijiji 1 year ago. Our dining room then became the soccer pitch, storage room, and an overall miscellaneous useless space.
--------------------------------------------

In the meantime, I fell in love with the graphic chevron pattern and in one day went from a blank white wall to fabulosity.


Click here for more on the chevron wall!







 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, inspired by a Sarah 101 episode on HGTV, I found a cool dining set from Kijiji for $150 {table & 6 chairs}. 


It was in rough shape, but with some vision and elbow grease, it became a showstopper.

The "Before" photos:




The "During" Photos: 




The "After" Photos:


--------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this transformation. 


What projects have you transformed with the power of paint?

Linking up to:

Not Just a Housewife's Best DIY Project of 2011 Contest





UPDATE: If you are Visiting from:

Tips & Tutorials Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z

{AKA} Designs

Organize & Decorate Everything 

or Better After - WELCOME & Stay Awhile :) 



26 comments:

Reunion Committee May 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

You MUST show this on Link parties!!! You must!
Gorgeous.. love the target silver puff :)
~Tana

Mummy Maggie May 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Thanks Megan! I'm pleased with the results so far!

Hi Tana! Thanks so much! I've now linked it to a Linky Party on Organizeyourstuffnow.com!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style May 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Wow! What a transformation. It looks great!

Mummy Maggie May 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Thanks Sarah! Thanks for stopping by :)

Leanne May 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

Oh my gorgeous! What a lovely dining room. I think I'll just stare at the pictures a little longer. Thanks for linking to Home Decor and Organizing Link Party. I'll be featuring this.

Mummy Maggie May 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Thanks Leanne! You're so sweet :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life May 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

Visiting from Better After. This looks fabulous and definitely not at all like what the other owners had. Great vision. Hugs, Marty

Mummy Maggie May 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Thanks for visiting Marty! Become a follower and check out my other projects :)

Unknown May 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

I adore it! great job!

Meg @ Never a Dull Day May 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

In freaking LOVE with this living room! And the transformation! What a perfect combo of high design, vintage, USABLE and DIY! Worshipping now!

Just pinned it up! And you've got yourself a new follower. This room is so totally my style too. Love the detailed paint treatment. Love it all!

http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

Mummy Maggie May 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

@ Vicente - thanks so much

@Bex - thank you :)

@Meg - Wow, thank you for the blog love :) I just checked out your blog too - love it :) You have a new follower as well!

Kat's Purrfect Boutique May 24, 2011 at 4:48 AM  

How do you get a like button for FB on your blog? I have one on my sidebar but wanted to know how to do it for the post? Thanks! This is really cool looking. The chevron wall looks like an amazing masterpiece.

SkinnyMeg May 24, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

Visiting from Better After, and WOW do I super heart love your room!! Great job, you have a new follower!!

megan

Mummy Maggie May 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

@ Kat - What an ordeal to get the FB button on the blog. It took my very tech savvy husband a couple of HOURS to figure it out. The short answer is I have NO idea, but I can try to find out :) Thanks for stopping by. Yes, that chevron wall was a challenge to get it right, but I think it turned out well :)

@Meg - Thanks for your kind words and thanks for following me :)

Miss Charming May 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM  

Glorious and sparkly! What a wonderful transformation! I really like everything about it. Now I'm going to have to check out the rest of your blog!

Mummy Maggie May 26, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

@ Miss Charming - thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it :) Become a follower -- I've got more goodies up my sleeve :)

The Starr Family June 5, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

Sit down girl! That is just beautiful... what a gorgeous transformation! I cannot wait to see more!

(found you on Better After!!)

Unknown September 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM  

Oh my that looked tedious! But well worth it because it looks amazing!

Mummy Maggie September 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

Thanks Latoya! The chevron wall was indeed *a lot* of work and precision is key in such things :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous,  September 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

This transformation is gorgeous! The room looks so much bigger than the one from the previous owners! Great job! I love your style! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

Linda @ it all started with paint January 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM  

Amazing transformation! Just lovely. The wall is amazing and I'm a huge fan of the gray and yellow combo. Perfect!

Anonymous,  January 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM  

This is how I want my house to look! Gray, mirrors, metals and transparent blings! This is fabulous!

Abbie January 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM  

That chevron wall is absolutely fantastic! As is the whole makeover.

All that hard work REALLY paid off!

I would be thrilled if you would link this up at my first ever Feature Friday Free-for-All (over 200 links already and growing! Soooo exciting : ))

P.S. I'm your newest follower.: )

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP