Kitchen Update - A RUG!

 20.3.14


I've been mulling over some kitchen updates for awhile. I want a new table, new chairs, and a new rug.

Most folks I ask wonder why I would ever want a rug under the dining table. Between the food crumbs and the kids, it may seem like not only terrible idea, but a recipe for filth. I get it. 

But there is a method to my madness.

1. I want something soft underfoot that will quiet the noise of the chairs moving. Hate the scraping tile noise. Grrrr....

2. I need to jazz up the joint a bit. It's been almost 2 years!

And NO, I didn't choose a thick pile, shag rug. I chose a rug that realistically meets the needs of our family. 

An OUTDOOR RUG! Yep, it can get wet. It's easy to clean. It can just be hosed off. No muss, no fuss. Totally durable.

See what a difference a rug makes?

I chose the Safavieh Courtyard rug from Wayfair.com in 8 ft by 11 ft. I also got it on sale! And delivered to my door in less than 2 weeks -- even way up north here in Fort McMurray!

  Here's a close-up of the rug. I love the Moroccan-esque pattern. It's bold but the colours subdue the pattern a bit.

I'm super excited for this purchase. I'm excited to have some more pizzazz in the dining area, and to finally have some quiet when we move the chairs! No more scraping on the tile :)

2 comments:

Unknown May 30, 2016 at 10:24 AM  

Wow such a great article. I always want these great ideas on decor.

Tayse Shag & Wool Rugs

Unknown October 27, 2021 at 7:57 AM  

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Hire a man and van Southport

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP