Countertop Decisions

 6.6.12

Thanks for all your great feedback on yesterday's post. I'm happy to hear that my friends & followers agree with me.

Frankly, I haven't met a person that liked the granite. It's hard to explain design & decorating to a builder who thinks any granite is awesome because it's granite. Even tiger tail ugliness.

I guess some people would buy a house because it has granite, regardless of what it looked like. For me, it's a major turnoff if it doesn't go well with the other finishings.

Anyway, I digress because today's post is less about complaining, and more about DOING.

We are seriously considering replacing the tiger tail granite with a white quartz. Although the quote we got yesterday made me seriously reconsider if I could live with tiger tail. It's expensive to begin with, but then add Fort McMurray prices. Let's just say it was a 1/3 of my salary from my first law job!

Here are a few options we're looking at.  What do you think?

Ice Snow - warmer white with some tiny flecks to add interest
Image via here


White Shimmer - this looks amazing in the ensuite!
Image via here

Silestone Lyra - quartz's answer to Carrera marble
Image via here

3 comments:

Rebecca June 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

Ack! That's expensive! I was going to say Lyra without question but then I had another look at the cabinets. Are they black-black or brown-black? Our new kitchen is more brown-black than true black. Because of that, the carrera look (blue white with cold grey) did not work AT ALL. If the cabs are warmer or brown-black I'd go with the white shimmer (which I also considered for our place).

In the end, our 'L' cabs are a warm white, the island cabs are brown-black, our backsplash is calacatta marble and the counters are quartz 4030 (the grey worked better with the marble backsplash than white did).

Mummy Maggie June 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

oohhh! thanks becky! my cabinets are a brown black. we're definitely leaning toward the white shimmer. the pebble colour you chose looks awesome!

Eston May 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM  


There aren’t many appliances in the house that are as necessary and useful as the bathroom sink. Your small sinks for small bathrooms sink is the centerpiece of the bathroom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP