BLACK: Dreadful or Dreamy? But definitely BOLD...

 12.10.12

I'm in a bit of design rut lately. I need to get "un-stuck".

I feel the itch to do something bold. Something crazy. Something I've wanted to do for awhile. Something that is VERY Mummy Maggie-like, but you would never guess.

But before I actually *DO* anything, I promise to let this idea marinate for a bit.

So here it goes...spilling my design dream...

{I want to paint my bedroom...BLACK.}

I adore my current bedroom "Modern Moroccan" style and colour scheme -- a mix of pewters, silvers, white and cream. But I'm just kind of tired of looking at it. It's too safe. Too expected. And I'm simply over it.

BLACK IS BOLD.  

BLACK IS DRAMATIC.

It definitely wouldn't be ALL black. That would be too cocoon-ish. I love the classic combination of black and white. I'm thinking like a black and white Hollywood Regency style bedroom, with lots of moulding, metal, sparkle and glam.

Just so you get an idea of what I'm thinking, here are some Pinterest images that captured my attention. You can follow my "Black Room" Pinterest Board here :)

{image via pinterest via here}

{image via pinterest via here}

{image via pinterest via here}

{image via pinterest via here}

{image via pinterest via here}

{image via pinterest via here}

I know *most* people would never dream of ever painting a room BLACK, but frankly, I think it's kind of awesome. Yep, it's a bold, but I think if it's done right it could be totally amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP