Britney's Back and it's a Circus!

 20.3.09


Tonight my lovely friend Aliyah & I went to the PCD/Britney Spears concert! It was so amazing. Britney really knows how to put on a show.

The Pussycat Dolls {hereinafter "PCD"} were the warm-up act. Those ladies are so fun and SO FLEXIBLE. Yeesh! I love their catchy songs. My only complaint is with regard to their newest single, "Jai Ho" - a remix from Slumdog Millionaire. The song itself is fantastic, it's just that the lead singer incorrectly says "JAY ho" instead of instead of "JEYE ho." I can't get over it. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I can't even bring myself to download it from iTunes because I find it so impossibly annoying.

In between PCD & Brit Brit was a mini-circus act with the most talented performers. I'm not ususally one for circuses, but these people are wildly amazing.

Britney started off with her single "Circus" and I was delighted to see my boy Perez Hilton introduce her. The show was complete with Cirque de Soleil-esque tricks and amazing dancing numbers. She truly looks awesome. Her dancing was fantastic. She's a true entertainer. I know there's been a lot of rumbling that she lip-synchs her whole show, but seriously, who goes to a Britney Spears concert to hear her sing? She's not a singer, she's a performer.

I hope that this truly is her comeback. It was amazing to see a full house tonight of people who want her to succeed. It wasn't too long ago when her life was a complete trainwreck, so to fill big arenas night after night with adoring fans must be so satisfying for her.

Way to go Britney!

1 comments:

klrowan March 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Excellent capture Maggie. It was sooooo much fun. And deafening! There was no mistake from the sheer volume at the concert that Brit is back!! :-) And ya....the circus performers were a m a z i n g!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP