The Beauty and Misery of Silence

 5.11.10

I've been silent on this blog for the past little while for good reason.  The same reason I'm currently silent in life.

I've got a nasty cold/flu virus that's been wreaking havoc on my 36 week pregnant body for the past 8 days.  I'm miserable.  Sore throat, violent coughing, fever, aches and now, the worst of the worst...

I've lost my voice.  For 5 days now.  Seriously.

I've had to take time off work because it's my job to argue talk, and I can't be a very effective advocate if I can't speak.  I'm going crazy!
The beauty of not talking all the time is that I listen more. I think my family likes that.

EZ has also been very cute throughout my sickness.  When he talks to me, he whispers {because I'm whispering}, and says in the sweetest, empathetic voice, "Awwww, sick."  You can't make this stuff up.  EZ is awesome.

2 comments:

Ninon November 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

5 DAYS of no voice!? That's the worst. But EZ whispering IS adorable!

Mummy Maggie November 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

9 days total now! Today my voice is at about 80%, so I'm so grateful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP