Sabres Celebration!

 22.11.10

Early last week, my sister invited us to a Buffalo Sabres game this past Friday, and having never to one of their games before, we excitedly accepted the invitation.

It was also a mini-celebration of sorts since it was also my last day of work before I started mat leave!


We had amazing seats, just 11 rows up from centre ice.  It was GREAT to be part of the game, and experience the NHL outside of the Leafs bubble of Toronto. We've been to a few Leafs games at the ACC before and found them to be fun, but the Sabres game had a totally different feel to it.

One of the major differences was that there did not appear to be anyone in suits. Very unlike Toronto! The Sabres fans are hardcore.  My 9 year old even commented that there were many more people wearing jerseys than at a Leafs game.

We also enjoyed the Harbour Club at the Sabres game.  It's like a private club, I guess, and had REAL food - not hot dogs and nachos.  We had to be early to reserve fancy tables, but during the 2nd intermission we enjoyed delicious fatty foods - like roast beef sandwiches, potato wedges and, of course, Buffalo Wings!  

For future reference, don't rub your eyes after eating buffalo wings - even after you've cleaned your hands!



I think one of the best parts of the evening, apart from spending time with my sister and my nephew, was that the Sabres WON! They came back from behind, and ended up winning 4-2!  It was an exciting game.  I'm used to my local teams always losing {I'm not exaggerating}, so it was thrilling to be part of the home crowd of the winning team!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP