Scheduling Kiddos

 18.8.11

As September is looming and my first born is getting older {2 1/2 years old already! Oy!}, everyone seems to be registering their kidlets in various activities. 

EZ is OBSESSED with playing in his backyard. He loves to play hockey, soccer, baseball, basketball -- anything that has a ball of some sort.


So far, I have my son registered in a Sportball program on Saturdays for 45 mins. I also plan to register him for swimming, skating and indoor soccer.  

But as I calculate the time spent on these activities, let alone the cost, it begs the question - how much is too much? 

I have to say that my son has a natural talent for sports that I want to encourage and develop, and he's a smart kid {I'm his mummy so I can say such things :) but he will also tell you he's smart because he has "big brains". I kid you not, ask him!}.  

So my not-so-melodramatic dilemma is do I let him try activities what he wants to try? Do I let him choose just one sport?

I'm a newbie at this, so I'm willing to take any good advice anyone has got to offer!

1 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

Every family and every kid is different! You know your son and how much he can handle. I know my girls wouldn't have been able to handle the structure of extra-curricular activities at 2 1/2...maybe just one? Maybe start with one thing and see how he handles it? Visiting from the Haven FB page. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP