More Chevrons? YES PLEASE!

 22.3.11

As you probably have figured out, my love for and devotion to chevrons is die hard and true.

I've now added chevrons on canvas to our family room wall.  Our family room already has a pop of yellow from the thrifted dresser we use as storage & tv console, as well as the DIY chandelier. But I needed something to tie the yellow to the walls. 
Enter the chevrons painted to canvas.


We had some extra paint left over from the dining room wall chevron project and the dresser DIY makeover, so I thought it'd be cool to repeat the same pattern and colour palette upstairs - you know, link the main floor & second floor by design.  Tried and true interior design trick.
I purchased the canvases from Michaels when they were on sale - marked down to $7 each.  As I mentioned before, the paint was already on hand.  So the project came to $28 for custom wall art that adds such a punch to the wall and the room.
I think my next two projects in here will be: 

1) Painting a gray stripe behind the tv to camouflage the the giant tv {or perhaps do a gallery wall with cool prints!}

AND...
2) Paint a chalkboard on the side wall - pretty much floor to ceiling. I think. To be determined.
Oh the fun of DIY Design!



4 comments:

Reunion Committee March 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

the more the better! I love it all!
Im your newest follower!!
~Tana

Mummy Maggie March 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

Thanks Tana! Welcome to my little blog! Thanks for following :)

Johanna May 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Love it! I showased them on my blog...with a link back to you. Thank you for sharing.

xo
Johanna over @ Huggs and Kisses xo

http://huggsandkissesxo.blogspot.com/2011/05/loving-grey-yellow.html

Unknown August 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM  

Where did you get those throw pillows?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP